September 27, 2005

Amazing Race Family Edition (with Bittorrent links)

This is an archived page dealing with The Amazing Race 8. These trackers are most likely dead, but maybe you’ll get lucky. For The Amazing Race 10, currently airing in the US, look here. Season 6, Season 7 (which is also on DVD, so go buy it), and Season 9 are also available.

It’s that time again. Time to dust off your jogging shoes and open your foreign-language dictionaries. Time to learn how to make friends with an airport ticket agent and figure out how much to tip your cabbie…The Amazing Race is starting!

This season has got me a little worried, because this is the gimmicky season where they’re trying something new. Survivor in its 8th season went for the “All Stars” edition, bringing back former players. But The Amazing Race, for its 8th season, is trying the “Family Edition”. Instead of the usual teams of two, this time we’ve got teams of four, all of whom have to be part of some sort of “family”. When this was announced last spring, it seemed doomed to fail. The logistics didn’t seem to add up. You’re going to squeeze six people (including cameraman and sound guy) into one taxi? You’re going to have eight-year-old kids running around the streets of India? Is this actually going to work out?

Tonight we find out just how well it will work. That’s when 40 people (40!) set off from the starting line on a race that may or may not take them around the world. We’re still not sure at this point. Is the Race a little less Amazing if they spend most of their time on the Eastern Seaboard of the US? Possibly.

And, supposedly they were going to stretch the limit of what’s considered a family, at least that’s what they said while casting was going on. But, in the end, they ended up staying within pretty traditional boundaries. Number of two-parent, two-kid teams? 5. Out of 10. Then there’s two teams of all siblings, two teams of parent-and-three-children, and the last team is one guy racing with his three sons-in-law. Wacky!

Now, maybe we’ll all be surprised and this will turn out to be an enjoyable season. I know I was against the stunt-casting of Rob and Amber last year, but they turned out to be good racers and soon I was rooting for them to come in second. I couldn’t stomach the idea of them winning again, but I came to grudginly admit that they were good at the game. So maybe this season will redeem itself too. We won’t know until tonight.

Also, this must have been declared Official Amazing Race Day somewhere, because not only is season 8 starting tonight, but the long-awaited DVD of season 1 has just been released. I’ve got my copy ordered from Amazon. Do you? If not, head over there and grab it. You’ll never find a better Race than the first one, so if you missed it, you have to check it out.

I’ll be doing the Bittorrent thing again this season, with the usual disclaimer that I don’t capture the show or run the trackers myself, so if you have problems I’m not the guy to talk to. I just collect the links. Here are the torrents:

Episode 1, “Go Mommy, Go! We Can Beat Them!”, aired 2005-09-27

Episode 2, “How Do We Know We Aren’t Going To Get Shot?”, aired 2005-10-04

Episode 3, “I Don’t Kiss, I Make Out!”, aired 2005-10-11

Episode 4, “Think Like an Office Chair”, aired 2005-10-18

Episode 5, “We’re Getting Out of the Country, Girls”, aired 2005-10-25

Episode 6, “I’m Sick of Doing Stuff I Can’t Do”, aired 2005-11-01

Episodes 7 & 8, “You Look Ridiculous”, aired 2005-11-08

Episode 9, “How’s That Face Feel?”, aired 2005-11-22

Episode 10, “Don’t Talk To Me Like I Was An Animal Or Something”, aired 2005-11-29

Episode 11, “The Family Christmas Card”, aired 2005-12-06

Episode 12, “25 Days, 50 Cities, and More Than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Family…”, aired 2005-12-13

And always remember to tip your cabbie!

Comments RSS - Write Comment

1. Andz says:

Well, i kinda like the way you sort things up the neat way. And i always like to be up on track, so i kinda hope that you could post the latest torrent right after the show. It hard to find the latest torrents, even though i’ve got one — the latest (s08e01), but i’m still not satisfied with its downloading speed.

Posted September 28, 2005 @ 7:08 am
  2. SY says:

Hey, just happened on your site while browsing for torrents for TAR8. Yours was the only one I could find that gave me a link – a link that was broken! Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.
    SY

Posted September 28, 2005 @ 7:39 pm
  3. Scott Schrantz says:

Everything’s working fine on my end. Which link is broken for you?

I might not get the torrent up right after the show, but usually it’s sometime the next morning.

Posted September 28, 2005 @ 7:54 pm
  4. skimmer says:

thanks scott! much appreciated 🙂

Posted September 28, 2005 @ 9:52 pm
  5. SY says:

When I click on the Episode One, I get an error msg on my BItTorrent saying that the file could not be found. Any ideas? Or if you could point me to another place to dl TAR 8. Thanks!

Posted September 29, 2005 @ 3:06 am
  6. Scott Schrantz says:

Maybe try it right from the source?

Posted September 29, 2005 @ 5:59 am
  7. SY says:

Got it! Thanks.

Posted September 30, 2005 @ 2:20 am
  8. Brian (Shadowfoot) says:

Thank you. I don’t know when it will be airing in New Zealand. Seies 5 or 6 was good, we were only three days behind so it was easy to avoid spoilers.

Posted October 4, 2005 @ 3:21 am
  9. Kristen says:

It seems I can’t get Episode 3 to download and I can’t get it to download from mininova either.

It’s timing out (just as it is with other torrent websites).

Can someone help me? I didn’t get to see the episode and, well, I really want to.

If need be you can email me back with a link that actually works.

Thanks so much!

Posted October 15, 2005 @ 10:09 pm
  10. Kristen says:

I expected my email address to be displayed or atleast hyperlinked. I apologize! My addy is kperry@spatialfocus.com

Posted October 15, 2005 @ 10:10 pm
  11. Rotch Groblin says:

Excellent collection of torrent links. My DVR decided I didn’t need to see last nights episode and didn’t record it, now I can see it just a day later than it aired.

Posted November 2, 2005 @ 7:13 pm
  12. aussie summer says:

Thanks so much for putting up the TAR torrents. Here in Australia we dont always get the show. At the moment they are airing race number 4, can you believe that, but through downloading my daughter and I have seen all the races up to now. We really loved race 7 with Rob and Amber as we are huge survivor fans too, but we were glad they didnt win lol.Thanks again so much, we love your site! Greetings from Adelaide Australia.

Posted November 4, 2005 @ 3:52 pm
  13. TAR fan says:

muchos gracias amigo! am on the other side of the world from the states, and it’s great to have a link so updated. am waiting for S8E9 now… when will it be up? anyway, thanks a bundle for all these!!

Posted November 18, 2005 @ 1:25 am
  14. Scott Schrantz says:

There was no show this week. The next episode, 8×09, will be on November 22.

Posted November 18, 2005 @ 1:08 pm
  15. kriti says:

can u plzzzz upload these videos through some other site coz my bit comet player does not work.i’ll very grateful 2 u.i m not even able 2 start downloading.

Posted November 20, 2005 @ 10:50 am
  16. pjac says:

Thank you so much for the links to the current downloads. Being all the way in Australia, we will not be getting this show for ages, if ever. Thanks again and keep up the great work! Greetings from Armadale, Western Australia.

Posted November 27, 2005 @ 3:09 am
  17. kriti says:

thanks a ton 4 these links. i really appreciate this.

Posted November 30, 2005 @ 1:45 am
  18. Boom says:

Omg u r da best for giving us these links. In Australia they stopped showing TAR. Thanks sooo much. By da way is there something wrong wif the 10th episode its stopped downloading

Posted December 2, 2005 @ 5:33 pm
  19. Wilbur says:

It looks like the tracker is down for episode 10 as posted here . Here is a link (found on pirate’s bay) that works.

Posted December 6, 2005 @ 8:28 am
  20. Boom says:

ok wrong link wif the 11th episode?

Posted December 7, 2005 @ 3:04 am
  21. sam says:

hi, any chance of getting episode 11 sorted for us, gets a page coming up with funny letters
    just like to say thanks for this saves me going on aload of sites looking for the amazing race 10 days after it was televied, this is quick efficent and organized, thanks again

Posted December 7, 2005 @ 8:18 am
  22. TAR fan says:

I’ve always found mininova to be useful if not piratebay. Try looking up mininova. If not demonoid.com if the links don’t work. They cross links anyway.

Posted December 11, 2005 @ 11:23 pm
  23. Anonymous says:

I recently saw a team runnign through the Adelaide, Australia airport wanting to board a flight to Singapore! How exciting they are going so far for the next season!

Posted December 19, 2005 @ 1:28 am
  24. TAR fan says:

Supposedly, February 2006 is when TAR season 9 begins airing, so a few months before that means they are probably running around the world for season 9 (recently Australia?) about this time. I know season 10 “cast” applications are being taken at cbs.com as I type if any are interested. In fact, a number of open casting calls are being held in various cities around the U.S. Anyway, I don’t watch any other reality television shows as zealously or regularly as TAR. Definitely a great show and I’m happy they won another Emmy award. My TiVo decided not to catch an episode of season 8 (actually I hadn’t set my TAR season pass to “keep all episodes” as I should have) and I’ve been trying to find my missing episode, the one with the colliding hot-air balloons, for the last few days without success. As we know, the longer you wait the harder it is to download torrents. There has been some confusion on episode naming and I ended up spending hours and hours downloading an episode I had already seen. Well, if CBS would get on the ball they’d offer these episodes for pay download like some of the other networks have started doing with their TV programs, and save the fans of the show headaches and make CBS some money at the same time. I hate waiting for the DVD to come out, but shouldn’t take too long as season 7 is on DVD now. Appreciate pages like this that try to help out TAR junkies like me.

Posted December 25, 2005 @ 4:52 pm