Carson City — my home for the last eighteen years, and counting. The town started out as little more than a frontier outpost in the 1850's, but after silver was found in Virginia City’s Comstock Lode, only ten miles away, it became a hub of activity and was picked to be the capital of the new state of Nevada.
Fast forward 140 years or so. Carson now has a population over 50,000 people, large enough to bring a whole raft of national chains. Target, Best Buy, Costco and even an In-N-Out Burger. We’re a world-class city now!
This part of the site is home to all the little photo galleries and other Carson City information I’ve put together. Hopefully it can be a fun little resource for people interested in learning more about the town.
- My Ormsby House renovation gallery, where I’m keeping track of the massive restoration project taking place over at the Ormsby House Hotel/Casino.
- Jethro’s Beverly Hillbillies Mansion & Casino. Yes, they’re builing a Beverly Hillbillies casino in Carson City. Watch the monstrosity come together here.
- Ghosts of Carson — Not a page about hauntings, just abandoned buildings.
- In-N-Out Burger — In-N-Out Burger finally came to Northern Nevada in 2004. These photos follow the Carson City store from ground breaking to the grand opening.
- Nevada Day 2004 — The Nevada Day parade and carnival from 2004. Three pages of photos.
I’ve also got some pictures from around town to fill the space here. Enjoy!